Today’s painting effort!
I’m a bit knackered after a long day yesterday so will work on these more tomorrow. I completely messed up the larger painting and can’t bring myself to post a picture of it! I’ve realised the surface of the larger painting isn’t working for me – it’s a piece of ‘found’ wood and it’s very porous despite a couple of layers of gesso – colours seemed to be eaten up by it and it’s also difficult to scratch through to the wood below which just gets churned up in an undefined way. So it’ll be another trip to the timber merchant tomorrow to look for scraps.
This smaller painting is a bit of a guddle at the moment but has potential, I think.